Malta, a paradise island. The reason why lots of travellers come here to see the beauty of its appearance. The coast and its countryside will give you a serene feeling. But the Maltese Islands have a lot to offer when it comes to culture. This amazing place is also full of history and the architecture is unique and artistic. Even if it’s one of the smallest countries in Europe, Malta has a lot of advantages that you have to discover! But your trip to the island has to be well-planned with its different steps. Choosing the right accommodation at the right time within your budget may pose a tough challenge, however, if you have the right information your travel can be hassle free and memorable.
We all have different needs and our ways of travelling differ. The places you stay in have to fit perfectly with your expectations, so you will enjoy your stay in Malta. Options and possibilities are endless and it is easy to get lost choosing the best one.
Hotels vs. Boutique Hotels vs. Self-catering – the difference
This is quite a common question, so let us break it down to the most basic differences between these three options.
- Self-catering are budget-orientated
- Hotels are usually more formal than Boutique Hotels
- Self-catering offer privacy and independence. Boutique hotels offer different common areas like a living room and informal lounge, whilst Hotels offer usually a more formal lounge and a Bar.
- At Hotels, usually one finds in-house restaurants and bars, while Boutique hotels usually offer a breakfast room.
- Hotels offer, shared outdoor and/or indoor heated pools and wellness centres, while most Self-catering studios and villas have a private pool.
- Private parties can be held at common areas at Hotels, but are only allowed at Boutique Hotels if booked on full occupancy
- Self-Catering offer the luxury of in-house services such as private chef for breakfast. This is great for health conscious travellers.
- Hotels and Boutique Hotels may offer in-house full laundry service while most Self-catering properties provide a laundry room, iron and iron board.
- Most Hotels have a private beach and plenty of outdoor space. Outdoor space is quite limited for Boutique hotels and Self-catering properties.
- Most of all: It is the mindset of the traveller arriving at the accommodation!
You will get more than a bed and some breakfast at the provided options! Always expect the little luxury, impressive attention to detail and a warm welcome, when booking through MALTA EVENT DESIGN. The five-star resorts offer a range of restaurants, bars, pool facilities (both indoor and outdoor) and relative services. The stylish properties in our boutique hotel collection are less formal and offer a sense of homely welcome. The authentic self-catering villas and farmhouses offer an exclusive, unique rural experience, away from the hustle and bustle of today’s busy life.
Our selection of accommodation options on the Maltese islands is perfect for you: being it a luxury family break or a romantic escape. Whether you’re craving a rural retreat or a pleasant beach escape, MALTA EVENT DESIGN is there to assist you in choosing your option. All our services are tailor-made and we will be happy to provide further information.
We hope you will enjoy your stay on the Maltese Islands because It’s all about you!